How to Allow Someone to Bypass Do Not Disturb On Android Phone, Like many people, you may use Do Not Disturb mode to help get a good night’s sleep. But what if someone you want to keep in touch with needs to get through your DND settings? In this article, we’ll show you how to allow someone to bypass your DND settings on an Android phone.
If required, you can allow someone to Call or Message you, even when your phone is placed in Do Not Disturb Mode. Below are the steps to Allow Someone to Bypass Do Not Disturb on Android Phone.
How to Allow Someone to Bypass Do Not Disturb On Android Phone. Do not disturb Android can be a hassle when you want to allow someone to talk or answer phone calls without worrying you. Here’s how to do it.
Allow Someone to Bypass Do Not Disturb On Android
In general, most people put their phone in Do Not Disturb Mode while they are in a meeting or seriously busy trying to meet a work deadline.
Since, Do Not Disturb Mode silences all Calls and Message Notifications, there is always the possibility of missing an important call or message.
The solution to this issue is to set an exception rule in DND Mode, allowing someone or certain people to Call or Message you, even if your phone is placed in Do Not Disturb Mode.
On Android Phones, this can be achieved by designating Contacts as Starred Contacts in the Address book and enabling the option to allow Starred Contacts to Call or Message you during Do Not Disturb Mode.
1. Designate Starred Contacts in Address Book
As mentioned above, the first step is to designate that person or people you want to allow in Do Not Disturb Mode as Starred Contacts in the Address Book.
Open Contacts App > select the Contact you want to designate as your starred Contact.
On the next screen, tap on the Star-shaped Favourites Icon to designate this particular Contact as Starred Contact.
To allow more people to Bypass Do Not Disturb Mode, you must repeat the above steps to designate them as your Starred Contacts in the Address Book.
2. Allow Someone to Call You in Do Not Disturb Mode
After designating starred Contacts, the next step is to allow Starred Contacts to Call or Message you while your Android Phone is placed in Do Not Disturb Mode.
Open Settings > scroll down and tap on the Sounds & Vibration option.
- On the Sound and vibration screen, scroll down and tap on Do Not Disturb.
- On the Do Not Disturb screen, scroll down and select the Calls, messages, and conversations option under the “Exceptions” section.
- On the next screen, tap on Calls and select the Favorite contacts only option in the menu that appears.
- If you want to Allow Messages, tap on Messages and select the Favorite contacts only option in the contextual menu.
How to Disable Do Not Disturb on an Android Phone
Do not disturb is an Android feature that allows you to disable all notifications from your phone, including calls, text messages, and email.
To disable do not disturb:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Under “General,” select “Do Not Disturb.”
3. Select “On” in the “When Screen Is Off” section.
4. Select “Auto-Enable” in the “During Sleep” section.
It can be frustrating when you want to allow someone access to your phone, but they keep trying to bypass the do not disturb feature. This article will teach you how to easily enable do not disturb on your Android phone to get some peace.